Founded in 1984 and located in a picturesque beauty, Vidya Devi Jindal School is a progressive, leading girls' Residential School in Hisar, Haryana, boasting a dynamic and close-knit community of approximately 770 students from Class IV to Class XII. The school offers an exceptionally rounded education which makes them confident to pursue their dreams so that they can succeed in the future.
Although rooted in values and tradition, VDJS is uniquely innovative and creative, dedicated to fostering curiosity in our girls; uncovering and enhancing their passions; and giving them the courage to try new things.
The safe haven of VDJS allows students to grow up in beautiful natural surroundings, and at the same time we are never too far from locations where the pupils may benefit from cultural and intellectual experiences.
Here, we inspire girls to develop their own intellect, creativity and character to become independent, adaptable, socially responsible and global citizens by ensuring a dynamic, inquiry driven education of the highest standards.
- The session 2014-2015 was a stimulating drive, as we strived with our motto ‘Illuminating Lives, Enriching Souls' with renewed vision, mission, and value and inscribed the prestigious IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2014 in Performance Excellence in Education by the IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (IMC RBNQA) Trust– a joint initiative of the Indian Merchants' Chambers and the House of Bajaj.
- The International School Award for the fourth consecutive row. (2005-2008, 2008-2012, 2012-2015, 2015-2018)
- The Tony Blair 'Face to Faith' Foundation - Outstanding Award 2015
- The Tony Blair 'Face to Faith' Foundation - Gold Award 2014
- ASSOCHAM – The Best School Facilitating Sports with Infrastructure-2014
- ASSOCHAM – The Best School for Innovation and Value Based Education 2013
- Education World Survey – No. 1 in Haryana & No. 6 in India (2014)
- Special Mention The 'Cambridge University Students' Union' (CUSU) 2014 UK declares VDJS among the top 100 educational institutes for primary ↦ secondary education in the world in their publication, 'The Guide to Excellence 2014 Edition'.
- The school has a record achievement of cent percent results in the board examinations. Most of the students make it to the elite and professional colleges in India and overseas in careers of their choice.
- The school has been the CBSE National Hockey Championship five times in a row and the IPSC Inter Public School National Hockey Champion for Nine consecutive years.
- Students are encouraged to participate in inter-school academic, sports and cultural competitions hosted by IPSC, NPSC and CBSE. Students win many certificates and prizes and this is a testimonial of their all round personality.