Fit India Week- 1st -6th December, 2020
Schedule of activities
1. Virtual assembly- Free hand exercises
2. Fun and Fitness- Aerobics, Dance forms, Rope Skipping, Hopscotch, Zig Zag and Shuttle Running etc. Fit India Active Break capsules
1. Virtual Assembly – Common Yoga Protocols
2. “Re-strengthening of the mind post pandemic”- Mental Fitness
Activities for Students, Staff and Parents
3. Open letter to Youth of the Nation on “Power of Fitness”
4. Open mic on topics such as “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you ate” etc.
1. Brain games- Get videos of children playing chess/ rubik’s cube
2. Poster making Competition on theme “Hum Fit Toh India Fit” or “New India Fit India”
3. Preparing advertisements on “Hum Fit Toh India Fit” , “Emotional and Physical well-being are interconnected” etc.
. Virtual assembly-Lectures etc. about diet & nutrition during pandemic for Students / Staff & Parents-.
2. Essay/Poem Writing Competition on theme “Fitness beats pandemic”
3. Podcast on “Get fit, don’t quit” ; “Mental Health is not a destination but a journey” etc.
1. Assembly- Online Quiz related to fitness/sports
2. Virtual challenges for students, staff/ teachers e.g.
(a) Squats challenge
(b) Step-up challenge
(c) Spot jogging
(d) Rope skipping
(e) Ball dribbling etc.
1. Virtual assembly-Activities for fitness sessions at home involving students and parents – Fit India Active Day
2. Creatively using home-based equipment for sports & fitness. E.g.
(a) Hacky sack at home (juggling with feet & hand – warm up activity)
(b) Aluminum foil inside a sock – ball and any wooden piece – bat to play cricket
(c) Mosquito bat and T.T. ball to play badminton/tennis
(d) Fitness circuit – Draw a ladder on the floor with a chalk piece or crayon