VDJS is accredited member of the British Council, the UK’s International organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Staff as well as students participate in a number of activities organized under British Council round the year.
Whole School Programs Conducted Under British Council
APRIL:“A BOOK IS A DREAM YOU HOLD IN YOUR HANDS”.
The start of the session witnessed the importance of books by celebrating World Book Day on 23 April, 2017. A three days Book Fair was organized along with the two mega events, 'Special Assembly' and 'Meet the Author'. Mr Sabir Hussain, a journalist with The Hindustan Times was the Chief Guest for the Special Assembly.
MAY:Know Germany was the theme of the month. German week was celebrated wherein, students studying German presented a drama, an exhibition to showcase the rich culture, literature and history of modern Germany, Drama-Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten by Grimm brothers, German songs, poems, dance and quiz.
JULY:Stats with Facts in Maths and BRICS in Commerce are two collaborative activities taken up in July and still in process. The activity in Mathematics involves the statically study the use and misuse of mobile phones amongst teenagers in India and other countries like Japan and South Africa and remedial measures for the same through activities like role play, presentations followed by debate and panel discussion.
*To study the constitution, vision and achievements of BRICS and constitute future road map of the same.
BRITISH COUNCIL WORKSHOPS ATTENDED BY VDJS STAFF
- Ms Kavita Sharma attended the School Programme Overview workshop held on 13 February, 2017 at the G D Goenka Global School, Hisar. The idea was to introduce and familiarize the house to the British Council’s global educational programme- 'Introduction and Importance of Core Skills'for school teachers’ professional development.
- Two teachers, Ms Kavita Sharma and Ms Mamta Sharma visited Kamla Nehru Public School, Phagwara on June 3, 2017/ Saturday to attend the last phase of the Core skills workshop on Communication and Collaboration, conducted by British Council facilitators- Ms Sukriti and Ms Upasana.
- Ms Preeti Sangwan; Dean of Academics along with Ms Kavita Sharma ; ISA Coordinator attended a one day workshop held on 21 July, 2017 at Le Meridian, New Delhi . The little but significant take away were understanding the difference between deep and surface learning; Questions- open and close ended/ Convergent or divergent in nature, the upside down turned Bloom’s Taxonomy, ECM-Every child Matters; CATS- Classroom Assessment Technique; YOC-Year of Culture; and ASK- Attitude, Skill and Knowledge based teaching and learning.
- Two teachers, MsKavita Sharma and Mr Dinesh Kumar proceeded to New Delhi to participate in ISA Mid-Year review meeting scheduled on 15 September 2017 at Crown Plaza, Okhla.
- Ms Sunita Verma along with Ms Kokila attended a two-days workshop on Creativity and Imagination conducted by British Council on 12 and 13 October, 2017 in New Delhi.