VDJS has been a proud member of the Green School Program since 2015. It is an environmental education programme directed to subtly sensitizing students to the environment through hands-on and thought-provoking activities. It is also an environment management system that audits, through students, the consumption of natural resources within school campuses and helps schools become good environmental managers. In recognition of our eco-friendly practices we have been rated as Green school for four consecutive years.
The school has deployed measures to prohibit use of plastic and other bio non-degradable products. We have introduced the use of earthen/bio-degradable and edible pottery for all our central events.
Solar water heating system provides hot water in winters to the students with a capacity of 28300 LPD. The installation of 140 KWP solar power plant has helped us generate electricity and prevent us from carbon reproduction.
The school got featured in the Magazine ‘The Path towards Environment’ for its environmental practices published by Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi.
Under the Green School Programme several activities are organised:
- School Environmental Audit – The students conducted audit of the environmental attributes such as Air, Water, Energy, Food and Waste Management. The students learned that our school always adopt eco-friendly measures to keep the surrounding green and clean.
- Vasudha-The Earth Fest: School has been hosting an Inter-School event ‘Vasudha: The Earth Fest’ since 2015 for the schools in Hisar. This competition provides a platform to all the students to foster the need of environmental sustainability. The students put their views on the issue of sustainability through participation in Debate, Photography, Collage Making and Group Song.
- Community Awareness on Environment– School organised a signature campaign on the occasion of World Environment Day 2018 for the local people of Hisar near Bus stand.
- VDJS won the Green School Award for 3 years in a row and shared its Green Practices at the Round Square International Conference at Ottawa, Canada in the Year 2018.
- During the Jindal Art Festival students made use of waste products in form of wood art.
- In the Year 2018 School presented its Best Environmental practises in the GJU for creating awareness among the local Schools in Hisar.
- On the occasion of the World Environment Day 2020, Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi organised and event in which the poster made by our student Nistha Jain, Class X and the poem composed by Arya Kejriwal are chosen as the Best entries and were published in the Famous magazine on Environment – Down to the Earth.
- During COVID-19 Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi organised a workshop and online quiz for the girls from middle school. Tahzib Dalal was ranked 9th in the online quiz hosted by CSE.
- We participated in the 26th National Children Science Congress where our girls gave a presentation on the project – ‘Edible Cutlery: A Step towards a better India’ under the subtheme ‘Eco System and Eco System Services’. The girls presented data and the survey findings based on analysis and interpretation of the data collected. Showcasing the samples of edible cutlery, they also talked about their future planning to sustain the use of edible cutlery.
- It is a matter of pride that VDJS team got selected for the State Level competition under Urban Senior category.
- The students routinely take out rallies, distribute handmade paper bags, perform Nukkad Nataks and carry out signature campaigns to advocate the message of conservation. The girls have been a part of two Cycling Expeditions to spread the message of using non-polluting modes of transport.